When you’re planning to cover the flooring of your house, you also understand that it needs care and maintenance. Vinyl flooring or laminate flooring is common choices of homeowners, but they both require cleanliness. Vacuuming the floor removes dirt particles, but stubborn dirt germs and allergens that get stuck in between the planks are hard to remove through a vacuum.
When you have pets or kids at home you need to take special care of the flooring. Scratches and feet traffic can increases scratches and wear and tear which fades the shine on the flooring. You can also try to take care of the cleanliness and maintenance through DIY methods, but hiring a flooring maintenance service is always a hassle-free choice.
FlooringDomain is an Award-winning online directory and service marketplace in Australia. It connects the contractors and supply companies dealing in local flooring to potential customers anywhere in Australia. The companies listed in their directory handle all sorts of work like floor-covering tasks, including carpets, floorings, tiles, decking, epoxy, concreting, paving, floor-heating, artificial grass, and turf. You can read now on their website the list of all contractors and suppliers that may suit your need.
Vinyl flooring is durable and inexpensive and laminate flooring is also durable and requires low maintenance. Still, both flooring need brush from time to time to maintain its shine. Here are some useful tips that can help in doing it at home.
How to Clean Laminate and Vinyl Flooring?
- The first thing that you can do is place a doormat on the entry. Whosoever enters will rub their feet and shoes on the doormat which will keep your house clean.
- Broom and sweep frequently to avoid any dirt sticking on the floor. Often kids spill juice or pets drop their saliva on the floor, you need to sweep them before they dry on the floor and accumulate bacteria.
- The shampoo also works as a cleaning agent on vinyl flooring only. Mix a few drops of shampoo in a gallon of warm water and mop then rinse with a damp mop, for laminate flooring, you can mop with warm water and mild detergent.
- There are certain cleaning agents available in the market. However, use environmentally friendly cleaning agents to ensure that kids, pets, and even adults are safe.
The cleanliness method for vinyl flooring and laminate flooring is almost the same. They just need proper maintenance and their durability lasts for a long. If you ever plan to buy the best, durable, good-looking, and affordable flooring you can always compare vinyl flooring vs laminate flooring.
There are few differences that should be considered to maintain longevity of flooring.
- Laminate flooring is cleaned with dry agents and vinyl flooring can be cleaned with cleaning products and water.
- Both floor covers have a top layer that makes them stain-resistant. Laminate floor planks are made of multiple layers that are finished with a coating of aluminium oxide and vinyl flooring has a coating of urethane.
Both laminate and vinyl flooring are durable. The contractors give a warranty of 10 to 30 years sometimes for both materials. The laminate floor may slightly wear and tear from the corner, but that can be fixed by a repair service. However, vinyl flooring is considered to heavy rough wear and tear.
In both cases, the flooring requires maintenances and cleanliness to avoid germs and allergens inside house.